The 18" Groundhog Trencher is easy to use and operator propelled to offer controlled digging straight to the exact depth with an absolute minimum of effort.
Very popular with the NBN Contractors due to its witdh (610mm) it can fit through narrow gates and doorways and trenches close to walls and fences.
Suitable for a wide variety of ground, including sand, lawn, clay, gravel, road base and and comes complete with the heavy duty ‘Shark Tooth’ chain made from carbide tipped rock type bits and is fully replaceable.
The side cleaning auger stops material falling back into the trench. This saves precious clean up time, important for contractors who want to move onto the next job as soon as possible.
The Groundhog uses Shark Tooth chain with replaceable carbide-tipped bits and will dig a 3" (75mm) wide trench to depths of 8", 12" & 18" (200, 300, 450mm) easily and quickly.
The Groundhog trencher also comes equipped with a rollers that will significantly increased the life of the trencher digging chain while decreasing the risk of chain breaks. The chain rollers ride on the centre wheel of the roller while the side plates of the chain are guided by the wheel shoulders. In testing, sprocket jamming situations that would normally cause chain breaks were eliminated when using the roller.
Note: Upgraded this model has been upgraded to use a 6.0hp Subaru engine (from 5.0hp)
- Shark tooth chain
- Digging chain guard
- 18x replaceable carbide tipped hardened steel teeth rotate as they cut, ensuring a clean finish
- Solid roller digging chain for increased life
- Side deliver auger
- Wide pneumatic tyres with tubes
- Centrifugal clutch with all metal shoes and drum, needle bearing equipped
- 3x Cutting depths - 8", 12" & 18" (200, 300, 450mm)
- Heavy duty steel frame
- Heavy duty lift hook
- Durable powder coating
- Up to 2.5 to 3m (8-10Fft) per minute productivity
- NBN Cabling
- Non electrical cabling
- Engine Make: Subaru
- Engine: 6.0hp EX17
- Engine Features: Donaldson air cleaner, centrifugal clutch
- Starting System: Recoil Start
- Fuel Type: Petrol
- Fuel Tank (L): 3.8L
- Noise Level (dB @ 7m): 69db
- Operation Width (mm): 3" (75mm)
- Weight (kg): 110kg
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 610mm width
- Package (LxWxH): 1.6 x 0.8 x 1.2
- Manufacturers Warranty: 12 months
- Engine Warranty: 3 years
- Operational Depth: 18" (450mm)